Thursday, August 9, 2012

Make it Work

For me a simple piece of cardstock is not enough for my background paper.  If I could, I would use pattern paper for all my backgrounds.  Unfortunately that can get quite expensive.  I also have a hard time using a sheet of really good paper from a collection when I know so much of it will be covered up.  I found a paper pack of ledger paper for really cheap, unfortunately all of it had some little design either down the side or in the corners.  But I love the grid look as background paper so I bought it anyway.  I've had to become quite creative to make it work but it has been worth it for the price I paid.


This is a piece of that paper combined with Echo Park This and That Charming collection.  You can see just a bit of the leaf pattern down in the corner.  I misted the paper and hit that corner pretty thick with the mist so it wouldn't stand out to much and was quite happy with how it cam out.

--------Tracy--------

2 comments :

  1. This is so cute Tracy, I love watching that show with DH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! :) This layout is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete