Thursday, October 4, 2012

Messy, Messy, Messy

Do you consider yourself a messy scrapper.  I've always been pretty clean but messy is a big trend right now and I do love the look of it, so I dabble a little bit.  It seems the trick with messy is to not be afraid to go for it.  When I try to be careful and do just a bit I'm not happy with it.  For this page using Basic Grey's Clippings collection I started with misting the white paper and it didn't look right, so I then inked the paper with brown ink.  It was better but not there yet.  I then got the brown paint and watered it down and poured it on the paper letting it drip.  Of course then I decided that was too much so I took a tissue and dabbed at it pulling some of the paint off.  It still wasn't quite light enough so out came the sand paper.  After sanding it to bring the white through a little more I was happy.  Don't be afraid to go for it.  After all it was just a plain white piece of cardstock.  If I didn't like it, it wouldn't have been a big deal to trash it and start over again.


*****Tracy*****

3 comments :