Friday, May 3, 2013

For the Birds!

The new Lily Bee collections are for the birds!  And I mean that in a good way!  :)

The colors of the papers in the Pinwheel line were PERFECT for the colors in my photos of my little guy at the bird exhibit at the zoo.  I tried to pick up on some of the colors in the birds feathers as the basis of my page.


I found a feather svg file and used my die cutting machine to cut it out.  I folded them to give them a bit of lift.  You can also see a bit of stitching on my background paper, too. (the background paper is from the Webster's Pages Composition & Color collection).

I used some wood veneer birds from my stash to go with my theme!


You can see the sketch that this page was based on on the My Scraps & More Sketch blog today!  Tammi does some awesome sketches!  Check it out!


2 comments :