Saturday, April 26, 2014

Outdoor Girl

Hello, friends!  It's Missy here with you today.  I'm sharing a layout with you that I created for the April Sketchathon going on all month long on our boards.  I created the sketch that this page was based on.  There's still a little time left in the month if you'd like to join us!  There's a new sketch up every day.

I used the Daily Flash collection from October Afternoon for this.  I just love the color combinations here against the grey & white striped background.  The minute I saw that little deer I knew I just had to use in on a layout about my little one and how much she likes being outside.


I did a lot of layering here, and I even used a border punch!  I haven't been too good about using them lately.  I have a ton of them, and I guess I go through phases.  I like how it adds interest to the design.  I also mixed my alphas...some old Lily Bee stickers and some burlap Thickers.


These wooden veneer flowers were on clearance at Michael's not long ago.  I used a Ranger paint dabber to color them blue, and then I outlined them with a white pen.  I layered a sticker and some cord in there as well.


I love these fun little pieces...tabs, banners and arrows.  Perfect for little corner clusters :)


Be sure to check out all the new goodies in the store...there is SOOOO much scrappy goodness to be had in there!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Missy :)

7 comments :

  1. Love all these light bright papers. Wonderful layers and I love the inked edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your work Missy. You have such a great eye for color and love your layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is so beautiful. I love the idea of a large circle as a layering piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of cool layers on here. pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have often been stumped on what to do with wood veneers, but I love your ideas! This page is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I love all the layering! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete