Saturday, April 19, 2014

Summer Ponytail

Happy Saturday!  Missy here with you today :)  I'm sharing a layout I created for the April Sketchathon going on over on our boards.  I didn't realize how fun it is to create sketches!  All the Design Team Members are creating their own sketches, and a new one is posted every day this month.  Here's one of the sketches I came up with...


And here's the layout.  I used primarily the Lemon Lush collection from Studio Calico.  I love the bright colors and fun patterns.  I'm usually not a crazy green color lover, but this background paper matched the green in her shirt perfectly.  I added some gesso to blend out some of the text, and then modeling paste over a stencil, then some watercolors.  I wanted to bring out the blues in the patterned paper.

There are a couple of American Crafts embellishments thrown in here, too.


Lots of texture right here.  Modeling paste, tape, paper and thread.


And the other side.  I just love these fun red alpha stickers from SC!  The SUMMER stickers are from my stash...I think they're Doodlebug from years ago.  I painted them a darker blue to match.


One more shot...I had a blue button that matched the other blues.  This yellow piece is one of the vellum cards in the SC collection.


I hope you can join us for the Sketchathon!  There's still time to play with us...it's only the 19th.  Still lots more sketches to be revealed!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Missy :)

3 comments :

  1. I was just over at your blog. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sketch! Missy - I love your layout so much!! You have such a unique and beautiful look on all your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the different elements you used on this and the fun, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete