Thursday, August 20, 2015

Custom Doilies with Heidi Swapp Color Shine

Hi there, Lisa S here today to share a quick little technique to get you customizing your doilies to match any line of paper.

I love to use Doilies and have a bunch of different sizes and styles in my stash, but the thing is, they are all white.  Sometimes, it is fun to customize the doilies so that you match your paper line as I did for this quick card made from the Fancy Pants True Friend Collection and the Mint Green and Tropical Teal Mists by Heidi Swapp.  Here is where you can find all the colors of Heidi Swapp Color Shine. There are colors to match any line of paper!


To customize my Doilies, I have found it is best to not spray the Mist directly on the doily as it soaks up a ton of it and it can tear the doily just even dabbing it off.  To reduce waste and get a more interesting look, I like to spray the mists onto plastic packaging and dab the doily in it...



A quick hit with my heat gun sets it and drys it nicely and there you have a custom doily for any project!  Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments :

  1. Pretty card! I love coloring doilies and love those mists too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the technique with the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea!! Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete