Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hello Kindergarten with Studio Calico

It's September which means school is close to being in full swing in the United States. I finally got around to documenting this photo of my daughter from Kindergarten, ( she will be starting 2nd grade this year!) Looking through all my supplies for this photo, I caught eyes with this awesome paper from Studio Calico's 7 paper. I absolutely LOVED the little icons on the paper and knew I just needed to cut a few out for this page, including the fun pencils, perfect for my school page!

I wanted to use a fun and playful paper as my background paper, as the fun look reminds me of my daughter's personality. I chose to use the fun paper from the Baxter collection, adding the right amount of fun.
I created this layout for our last Got Talent Challenges of the summer; creating a page with 10 consecutive letters or numbers. I wanted to focus on the letter "k" for the word Kindergarten, and using some crate paper letters, work my way forwards and backwards on my page.
Using some fun wood veneers from Evalicious, I added some sayings near every letter grouping for a bit more visual interest.
I of course added some of my trusty sequins from Maggie Holmes to my page with a personal stash star shaped sequins for the finishing touch. Once my page seemed complete I realized I was missing a purple cardstock to back my background paper and make the purple in my photo pop. I cut down the sides of my paper and backed it with my cardstock for just the right look!!! I hope everyone has enjoyed the Got Talent Challenges. We have loved all the awesome pages you have created!!!!
                                                              Brianna

1 comment :

  1. I love everything about this - such a fun, colorful LO! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete